Quercus has acquired One Italian Summer and a second book from American author Rebecca Serle.
Senior commissioning editor Emma Capron bought UK and Commonwealth rights from Matilda Forbes Watson at WME.
One Italian Summer will be published in hardback on 1st March 2022 and is billed as an "unexpected and emotional" love story between a mother and daughter about how we move on after loss, and how the people we love never truly leave us.
Capron said: "I am so delighted to continue working with Rebecca after the indomitable success of her first book with Quercus. I know a lot of readers were left in pieces after reading In Five Years but they haven’t seen anything yet… Prepare to have your heart broken once more with this emotional epic."
Serle, who published In Five Years with Quercus last year, commented: "I am thrilled to continue my relationship with Quercus Books and I look forward to bringing One Italian Summer to all of my beloved UK readers!"
- Pan Macmillan acquires two thrillers from Hendricks and Pekkanen
- Quercus scoops 'emotional page-turner' by Green in two-book deal
- William Collins scoops Shimer's history of electoral interference
- Canongate to publish Marine Corp veteran's 'astonishing' debut
- 'Gloriously epic' novel from Nick Harkaway to William Heinemann