Publisher Quarto has signed up to use Glassboxx for its e-book and audiobook fulfilment, with a view to selling all its digital lists via the platform.
The publisher, which has 33 imprints, recently became the exclusive distributor and vendor of record for e-book titles published by Pavilion Books, which was itself already actively involved with Glassboxx.
Glassboxx was launched by Firsty Group in 2019. It enables publishers to sell and deliver digital content from their own websites and online channels. Readers can download content purchased from publishers through the Glassboxx app on iOS, Android and desktop computers. This direct route gives publishers higher margins, security and capture of customer data, says Glassboxx.
Firsty founder, Darin Brockman, said: “We’re incredibly excited to welcome Quarto to the Glassboxx community. For publishers like Quarto with such a strong catalogue of digital titles, selling direct brings serious opportunities. Both Quarto’s digital titles and Glassboxx can shine here.”
- Use 'tremendously useful' data, Raccah urges IPG forum
- RNIB collaborates with Alexa for audiobook access
- Educational publishers win injunction against unlicensed e-book sites
- Early release for Adam Buxton audiobook, recorded remotely
- Quarto announces series of promotions in global sales and operation teams