Quarto has bought Oh No, Bobo!, written by Donna David and illustrated by Laura Watkins, a response to #MeToo via the story of an orangutan.
Senior editor Eleanor Brough acquired world rights to the book from Becky Bagnell at the Lindsay Literary Agency, to be published on 21st April.
Its synopsis explains: “Bobo the orangutan just wants to make the perfect pillow and he thinks that his jungle friends can help. He plucks a feather from one friend and some fur from another, but only seems to be upsetting everyone – and still doesn't have his pillow. Elsie the Elephant attempts to comfort him, wrapping him up in her trunk and tries to play with him, but this only upsets Bobo further. Can both Bobo and Elsie learn important lessons about asking permission?”
The publisher said: “Written in response to the #MeToo movement, this important picture book gently introduces the idea of personal space to young children.”
- S&S UK bags 'super commercial' middle-grade series in six-figure pre-empt
- Lindsay Literary Agency offers scholarship for undrerrepresented author
- Quadrille bags 'Blank' podcast companion book
- Scholastic signs debut YA author Wallman
- Lindsay Literary Agency scholarship for 'under-represented' author returns