Quadrille has acquired The Skills, the new cookbook by chef and "Masterchef: The Professionals" co-host Monica Galetti.
Publishing director Sarah Lavelle signed world rights from Rosemary Scoular at United Agents.
Galetti spent 12 years working for Michel Roux Jr at the two-Michelin starred Le Gavroche. Galetti is set to open her first restaurant Mere in London's Fitzrovia in the Autumn.
In The Skills Galetti will show readers 20 essential techniques, from preparing a rack of lamb and jointing a chicken, to making mayonnaise, pasta, meringues and soufflé, that will enable readers to cook 100 of her recipes. Galetti said the idea for a book had been "several years in the making" and "a real labour of love".
Lavelle said: “Monica is highly regarded as a chef and instantly recognisable to millions of TV viewers: she will be doing what she does best in this new book, teaching essential cooking skills and techniques, and making fantastic dishes. She’s the ultimate expert in the kitchen."
The Skills will publish on 6th October 2016.
- Aster cooks up a deal with MasterChef judge Monica Galetti
- BBC presenter Simon Reeve's memoir to Hodder
- W H Allen lands Ramirez's 'vivid and evocative' look at medieval women
- Bluebird to publish memoir on 'the female experience of autism'
- Piatkus seizes on 'self-care' wellness trend with Julie Montagu