Author Philip Pullman will speak at an October day conference for library user groups, hosted by The Library Campaign in association with Voices for the Library.
The organisers said the day would be "a chance for users to compare notes, find out more about the issues confronting them and produce some proposals for future action both locally and nationally". Campaigners from Brent, Doncaster and Gloucestershire and Peter Challis from Unison will also be among the speakers.
The event will take place on 22nd October at the University of London Union on Malet Street, London, WC1. Registration fee is £15 (email: email@example.com).
- Pullman and Fickling to speak at The Bookseller Children’s Conference
- Lonely Planet, HarperCollins and Pullman to speak at The Bookseller Children’s Conference
- Speak Up For Libraries conference in November
- Speak Up for Libraries conference to be held in November
- Pullman and Gaiman back school library campaign