Crime fiction convention CrimeFest has teamed up with publishers, including Headline, Head of Zeus and Orion, as well as authors and libraries, to give away 1,000 crime novels for free ahead of the crime fiction festival.
The organisers of the festival will donate books in Bristol, which has hosted the convention for eight years, on Saturday 14th May. Thirteen publishers have donated books from over 20 authors to this crime fiction giveaway being hosted at six libraries in Bristol - Bristol Central Library, Bedminster, Clifton, Junction 3, Wick Road and Southmead Library.
Bristol locals will be gifted advanced reader copies from authors including Megan Abbott and Stefan Ahnhem months before they hit the shops, as well as titles from début novelists Michelle Birkby and BBC screenwriter Simon Booker. In addition, Allison & Busby is providing several classic titles from celebrated crime fiction writer Alexander Wilson.
Customers will also be awarded a 25% discount to weekend passes at CrimeFest.
Peter James, Anne Holt, Ian Rankin and Hugh Fraser are among the top names set to speak at this year’s CrimeFest convention which will take place from 19th to 22nd May.
The full list of the titles to be distributed is below:
· Megan Abbott - You Will Know Me (Picador)
· Stefan Ahnhem - Victim Without A Face (Head of Zeus)
· Harry Bingham - This Thing Of Darkness (Orion)
· A.P. McCoy - Narrowing The Field (Orion)
· Michelle Birkby - The House At Baker Street (Pan)
· Simon Booker - Without Trace (Twenty7)
· G.J. Minett - The Hidden Legacy (Twenty7)
· Robert Olen Butler - The Hot Country (No Exit Press)
· R.M. Cartmel - The Charlemagne Connection (Crime Scene Books)
· R.M. Cartmel - The Richebourg Affair (Crime Scene Books)
· Michael Cayzer - 50 Miles From Anywhere (Crime Scene Books)
· Rosie Claverton - Captcha Thief (Crime Scene Books)
· Stephen Davis - The Tsar's Banker (Crime Scene Books)
· Nadia Dalbuono - The Few (Scribe)
· E.M. Davey - Foretold By Thunder (Duckworth)
· Catherine Ryan Howard - Distress Signals (Corvus)
· Holly Seddon - Try Not To Breath (Corvus)
· Anna Mazzola - The Unseeing (Headline)
· Mark Mills - Where Dead Men Meet (Headline)
· G.X. Todd - Defender (Headline)
· Stuart Neville - So Say The Fallen (Harville Secker)
· Alexander Wilson - The Devil's Cocktail (Allison & Busby)
· Alexander Wilson - The Mystery Of Tunnel 51 (Allison & Busby)
· Alexander Wilson - Wallace Of The Secret Service (Allison & Busby)
- CrimeFest marks 10th anniversary with 4,000-book giveaway
- Head of Zeus strikes two-book deal with debut author Victoria Scott
- Macmillan Children’s partners with Ameet Publishing for LEGO deal
- Orion partners with Open Door to find narrator for Capes debut
- Orion Children’s partners with Book Aid International