Prince Charles has picked five of his favourite books to share with followers of the Duchess of Cornwall's Reading Room book club this week.
Camilla launched her Instagram-based initiative earlier this year, described as a “celebration of literature in all its forms", regularly sharing her top reading choices. The Instagram account has quickly amassed more than 110,000 followers.
Starting on 28th June, Prince Charles will share one of five books every day on the account alongside an explanation about why they are important to him.
His first pick is Along The Enchanted Way: A Story of Love and Life in Romania by friend William Blacker (John Murray).
Charles has also chosen wartime saga The Battle of the Atlantic by his one-time biographer Jonathan Dimbleby (Penguin), Lustrum by Robert Harris (Arrow), Adam Zamoyski's Napoleon: The Man Behind The Myth (William Collins), and Travels With Myself And Another: Five Journeys From Hell, by Martha Gellhorn (Eland).
Camilla's previous choices, which have been shared across two “seasons” so far, have included Philip Pullman's The Book of Dust (Penguin and David Fickling) and Edna O'Brien's Girl (Faber) among others.
- Duchess of Cornwall picks Pullman and O'Brien for book club
- Duchess of Cornwall launches Reading Room book club
- Duchess of Cornwall, Kay and O'Leary help celebrate World Book Day
- What on Earth and Prince's Foundation release children's climate change guide
- Duchess of Cornwall chooses Mantel and Owens for online book club