Penguin Random House UK has confirmed it is embarking on a "Stranger Things" book programme with Netflix and will release two titles in autumn 2018.
Following reporting by Deadline at the end of last week that PRH had struck a worldwide publishing deal for books based on the Netflix original series, PRH UK reported it will publish three titles this autumn.
Stranger Things, World Turned Upside Down: The Official Behind-the-Scene Companion will publish under PRH's Century imprint on 15th November and a hardback gift book from the Stranger Things world will publish with Penguin Random House Children's this autumn. A prequel novel written by Gwenda Bond about Eleven’s mother and the MKUltra program will follow in February 2019, published by Century, with additional titles for both adults and young readers to come later in the year.
Books will initially release under the US and British Commonwealth publishing teams of Del Rey Books, Random House Children’s Books, Century, and Penguin Random House Children’s UK, with additional territories and imprints to follow.
Audiobook editions will be published by Penguin Random House Audio.
- Kidman and 'Stranger Things' actor to star in The Goldfinch adaptation
- Granta scoops Buckingam's 'sparkling' strangers' book
- PRH creativity responsibility programme wins Lord Mayor's Dragon Award
- Jamie Oliver 'can't wait' to publish 5-ingredient book in autumn
- Birmingham Council confirms 'pause' on library book fund