Audiobooks from Penguin Random House Audio UK and HarperCollins have received a string of nominations in this year’s New York Festivals Radio Awards.
The annual awards reward the best in audiobooks, podcasts and radio. They feature a massive 346 finalists from 35 different countries among a host of categories.
This year's fiction audiobook award sees nods for The Binding by Bridget Collins (HarperFiction), The Taking of Annie Thorne by C J Tudor (PRH Audio UK) and Shakespeare's Sonnets, Retold by William Shakespeare and James Anthony (PRH Audio UK). They will compete against just one other title, Mu! Or People Must be Punished by Kai Grehn from Germany’s Radio Bremen.
In the children’s audiobook category, The Ice Monster by David Walliams (HarperCollins), The Christmasaurus: Musical Edition by Tom Fletcher (PRH Audio UK) and The Lost Words by Robert Macfarlane and Jackie Morris (PRH Audio UK) are all in the running. They form part of an eight-strong shortlist with entries from Australia, Belgium, Canada and Sweden.
For non-fiction, there are nominations on a three-book shortlist for Life on Earth by David Attenborough (HarperCollins) and The Order of Time by Carlo Rovelli (PRH Audio UK).
Trophy winners will be announced at a gala dinner in New York on 24th June.
- Continued audio growth for big publishers as new players enter market
- New Writing North and Morpugo's Farms for City Children awarded News Corp funding
- Weyman and Roper win at Audio Production Awards
- HarperCollins joins forces with Hearst and Kobo for audiobook club
- Waterstones and HarperCollins in Crime fiction festival