Transworld has bought a book exploring the concept of "defining moments" and why certain moments have extraordinary impact, called The Power of Moments, by Chip and Dan Heath.
UK and Commonwealth rights, excluding Canada, were acquired from Grainne Fox at Fletcher and Co. Transworld will publish in trade paperback on 5th October 2017.
In The Power of Moments, through a mixture of anecdotes and research, the authors explore meaningful experiences that stand out in a person's memory and shape their lives to reveal what these flash points have in common. The authors further argue these "richer experiences" should not simply be left to fate; rather a person can engineer more engineer more of these meaningful, memorable moments themselves. Transworld editorial director Andrea Henry said, "Their effortless narrative wraps you up in big ideas and entertainingly guides you".
Chip Heath is a professor at Stanford Graduate School of Business and Dan Heath is a professor specialising in social entrepreneurialism at Duke University. The pair also authored Made to Stick: Why some ideas take hold and others come unstuck (Cornerstone), Switch: How to change things when change is hard (Cornerstone) and Decisive: How to make better choices in life and work (Cornerstone).
- Transworld to publish Andrea McLean's menopause 'confessions'
- Woman's Hour's Jenni Murray writes 'deeply personal memoir' on weight for Transworld
- 'Profoundly moving' story of neuroscientist's brain disorder to Transworld
- Transworld acquires 'epic' Lancelot novel from Kristian
- Transworld wins Lost Voice Guy's first book