A self-published author whose début novel has sold through W H Smith Travel stores will have his title published in e-book and audio format.
Piers Alexander’s début The Bitter Trade was picked up by WHS travel fiction buyer Matthew Bates last October, and it will now be serialised as an e-book and audiobook on The Pigeonhole platform. Subscribers to the site can get 10 weekly instalments of the historical novel in digital or audio format, with actor Roland Bearne narrating the latter.
Alexander said: “I always thought of The Bitter Trade as something like a TV series, so I was really excited when The Pigeonhole approached me. The 10-part structure is so dramatic through headphones.”
- W H Smith Travel to sell début novel by self-published Alexander
- Octopus buys first book from BrewDog founders
- Quercus dares with two more books from Brooks
- Authors protest as children's books account for 7% of Christmas newspaper coverage
- WH Smith to buy second US travel retailer; High Street book sales fall 5%