Bonnier Books UK imprint Piccadilly Press will publish middle-grade title The Elephant in the Room by Holly Goldberg Sloan, author of Counting by 7s.
Executive publisher Emma Matthewson and assistant editor Carla Hutchinson acquired UK and Commonwealth rights from Kim Ryan at Penguin Random House US. The title will be published simultaneously in the UK and the US in March 2021.
The book is a "tale of family, friendship and an elephant-sized amount of love and acceptance," says the publisher.
Matthewson said: "Holly’s writing in The Elephant in the Room is warm, empathetic and packs so many messages about generosity of friendship and family (and elephants!) into one deceptively simple story. We are so looking forward to publishing Holly’s latest novel."
Goldberg Sloan added: "One of the best experiences that I’ve had as an author was Piccadilly Press publishing Counting by 7s in the UK. I’m so happy that The Elephant in the Room is again being published by Piccadilly. It is a story of an outsider, and the power of friendship and the love of family in celebrating differences and uniting us to the ones we love. This novel is close to my heart in so many ways and I’m delighted to be sharing it with readers."
Piccadilly Press published Counting By 7s in 2014.
- Piccadilly acquires Bethell middle-grade novel
- PRH bewitched by social media magician's middle-grade novel
- PRH buys ‘hilarious’ middle-grade series by Humza Arshad and Henry White
- OUP acquires Em Norry's middle-grade novel about a girl spy
- Walker Books acquires 'wonderful' middle-grade novel about two autistic friends