Piatkus Fiction has pre-empted two books by debut author Eleanor Ray in a six-figure deal.
Emma Beswetherick pre-empted UK and Commonwealth rights from Euan Thorneycroft at A M Heath. Publication for the first book, currently titled The Missing Treasures of Amy Ashton, is scheduled for early 2021.
The book has already received interest internationally and the rights team at A M Heath has already concluded pre-emptive deals in Germany (Kruger/S Fischer Verlag), Italy (Salani) and Spain (Duomo).
The debut follows a "loveable but unconventional heroine who takes hoarding as a way of coming to terms with the disappearance of her loved one."
Beswetherick said: "This is quirky and charming commercial fiction with a big heart, perfect for fans of Joanna Cannon, Emma Healy and Rachel Joyce’. She suggests that ‘this is going to be a lead title for Piatkus next year and the buzz is already building."
Photo Credit: Steve Shipman
- Hutchinson pre-empts debut Swan Song in six-figure deal
- Mantle pre-empts debut with 'unforgettable child narrator' in six-figure deal
- Bonnier pre-empts Nealon debut in six-figure deal
- Headline in six-figure pre-empt for debut thriller
- S&S UK bags 'super commercial' middle-grade series in six-figure pre-empt