A new Media and Entertainment group has been created within Penguin Children’s Books under newly promoted publishing director Eric Huang.
The group combines the BBC Children's, Sunbird and Ladybird licensing teams. Penguin Children's Books m.d. Francesca Dow said Huang, the man behind "brilliant" recent acquisitions including Club Penguin and Moshi Monsters, would oversee all licensed acquisitions across the division, including Puffin.
Dow said: "The children’s media landscape has changed enormously in the last few years, with traditional content creators competing with new media and lifestyle brands. We are bringing together the licensing experts in one Media and Entertainment group in anticipation of how these media shifts will affect the future of publishing."
The development also brings further promotions: Juliet Matthews becomes publisher of the BBC Children's, Ladybird and Sunbird imprints; Meg Wang becomes editorial director; Rose Gardner turns junior editor and Ben Hughes senior designer.
- Ladybird spreads its wings with new non-fiction list and an expanded team
- PRH creates one Children's editorial team
- Cullen to lead PRH's Ladybird list and licensing alongside Puffin role
- 'Strongest shortlist yet' for Sainsbury’s Children’s Book Awards
- Paddington director 'in talks' for new Wonka film