Mitchell Beazley has acquired The Home Edit: Conquering the Clutter with Style from "organisers to the stars" Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin.
UK and Commonwealth rights were bought by Alison Starling at Mitchell Beazley, part of the Octopus Publishing Group, from Ben Fowler at Abner Stein. It will be published on 19th March 2019 at £20.
In the book, The Home Edit’s Shearer and Teplin provide detailed tips as well as insight into the celebrity spaces of friends they have reorganised for, including Gwyneth Paltrow’s playroom and Rachel Zoe’s shoe cupboard.
Starling said of the acquisition: "The success of Marie Kondo’s books (Nielsen TCM of 250,000 copies) proves that there’s a huge appetite for books that help you declutter and reorganize your home for a calmer, less stressful life. What appeals to me about Clea and Joanna’s clutter-clearing formula is their fresh, bright visual aesthetic combined with their humorous, and realistic, approach to chaos – embracing the ‘low-bar lifestyle’ one drawer at a time."
- Mitchell Beazley continues to get organised with The Home Edit
- Jo Fletcher Books lands Gladstone and El-Mohtar 'epic love story'
- Harvill Secker wins Taiwanese American author's debut novel
- Bluebird pre-empts Instagram therapist's 'bite-sized words of wisdom'
- Borough Press lands 'compulsive' debut from Nworah