Michael O’Mara Books will publish a new book by biographer Andrew Morton titled 17 Carnations: The Windsors, The Nazis and the Cover-up.
Michael O’Mara acquired UK and Commonwealth rights, excluding Canada, from the book’s American publisher, Grand Central Publishing.
O’Mara said: “It’s fantastic to be working with Andrew again on a book which lifts the lid on the cover-up by the British and American establishment of Edward’s wartime dalliance with the Nazis.”
Morton added that the book will “shed new light on the relationship of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson, and the couple's interaction with both Hitler and the Nazi elite and the British establishment, including Churchill and Edward’s brother King George VI.” It will include new research and previously unpublished photographs.
Michael O’Mara Books has already published several books by Morton, including his book on Princess Diana, Diana: Her True Story, as well as an authorised biography of Monica Lewinsky, Monica’s Story, and his Royal Wedding book, William and Catherine. 17 Carnations will be launched with a national publicity campaign across print and broadcast outlets.
The book will be published on 19th March in hardback at £20. There will also be a trade paperback edition for export markets priced at £12.99, and an e-book edition.
- Morton's 'intimate' portrait of royal sisters to Michael O'Mara
- 'Unparalleled' biography of Meghan Markle's life promised by Morton
- Michael O’Mara Books signs ‘Whispering’ Bob Harris
- Buster Books acquires Jess French's mindfulness-inspired picture book
- Michael O’Mara to publish 'revealing' diary of a headteacher from Smith