Alice Sutherland-Hawes of the Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency has signed new deals for illustrator Poonam Mistry and author Samuel Pollen.
Mistry will illustrate a second book with Chitra Soundar for Lantana Publishing. You’re Snug With Me, a follow up to You’re Safe With Me (May 2018), will be published in November this year, after Sutherland-Hawes struck a deal with Lantana at the Frankfurt Book Fair.
Sutherland-Hawes has also sold North American rights to Pollen’s debut novel, The Year I Didn’t Eat, to Bonnier Publishing USA. The book is about 14-year-old Max's struggle with anorexia and publication is planned for spring 2019.
- Macmillan Children’s to publish 'empowering' retelling of classic fairytales
- Going solo: Four literary agents on setting up their new firms
- Marcus Rashford co-writes first fiction title for Macmillan Children's Books
- OUP picks up six titles in Falase-Koya's debut series
- First-timer Forna in six-figure deal