National Book Tokens is launching on Bookshop.org, and its tokens will be accepted as payment or part-payment for books.
From today (Friday 5th February), holders of tokens will be able to use them as gift cards at the site's checkout. Bookshops will continue to receive 30% of the cover price of each purchase through their store on the site when the tokens are used, and 10% will continue to go into the shared profit pool for the indie booksellers signed up to the platform when purchases are made through an affiliate.
There are now more than 400 independent bookshops using Bookshop.org in the UK, in addition to almost 6,000 affiliates, spanning authors, publishers, bloggers and influencers. The total profit generated for independent bookshops to date is more than £800,000.
- Bookshop.org urges industry to back indies with links in Independent Bookshop Week
- Online retailer Bookshop.org makes shared pool payments monthly
- Winn and Srinivasan to headline Bookshop Day 2021
- Agrawal and Hickey top Bookshop's June chart on pre-orders alone
- Bookshop makes nearly £1.5m for UK indies as it hits $15m in US