Fantasy author Silvia Hartmann is to give readers the chance to see her latest novel being typed live online.
The 'Naked Writer' project will also allow readers to comment on the storyline and provide feedback.
Hartmann called it "an amazing opportunity for me as an author to push the boundaries of the author/reader relationship", saying: "It will be amazing to write knowing some people will be viewing each word, paragraph and chapter, each backspace as I go along. Some authors plan their manuscripts in advance, but my stories tend to have a life of their own and I look forward to seeing what unfolds with everybody else."
Hartmann will begin her novel at 9am on Wednesday 12th September, using the Google Docs cloud-based office suite. Fans will be provided with a public-accessible web page to watch the book being written before their eyes. Once finished, the as-yet-untitled novel will be published by Bournemouth-based Dragon Rising in paperback and e-book form.
Hartmann is the author of fantasy fiction titles including the In Serein trilogy, Vampire Solstice and The Golden Horse (Dragon Rising).
- Ebury wins science writer's 'groundbreaking' Cure for Darkness
- Indonesian writer's 'fierce and unconventional' fiction to Harvill
- Serpent's Tail signs 'America’s last remaining dissident writer'
- Sue Townsend: death of a 'great comic writer'
- Writer's Academy graduate's debut thriller snapped up by Transworld