Pushkin Press will publish The False Rose by Swedish author Jakob Wegelius, the third title featuring the highly intelligent and resourceful gorilla Sally Jones.
The story of Sally Jones began with Waterstones Children’s Book of the Month The Murderer’s Ape in 2017 and graphic prequel The Legend of Sally Jones in 2018 — both published by Pushkin Press. The False Rose will continue the story and feature nearly 100 black and white illustrations by Wegelius throughout the book.
Adam Freudenheim, publisher and m.d. of Pushkin Press, acquired UK and Commonwealth rights, including Australia and New Zealand, from Mathilde Coffy at Sweden-based Bonnier Rights.
The title will be translated by Peter Graves and published by Pushkin in autumn 2021.
Freudenheim said: "I’m over the moon that we’re going to publish The False Rose. Sally Jones is undoubtedly one of the most original heroines ever created, and I can’t wait for readers to be able to follow her exciting adventures."
- Nine children’s publishers sign up to increase reach of McKearney’s Empathy Day
- Children’s publishers anticipate ‘buoyant’ LBF
- Publishers praise 'productive' Sharjah book fair
- Wilbur Smith branches out into children’s fiction with MG series
- Pushkin Children's wins four-publisher auction for Johnson debut