Maggie O’Farrell, Meera Syal, Howard Jacobson and Liz Pichon are taking part in Bookfest, Mumsnet’s first book festival this June.
The festival will include events for children and adults, including a session on crime fiction, one on Shakespeare, and an author chat with O’Farrell. Pichon will talk about the Tom Gates series (Scholastic), whilst Andy Gum will be presenting his Mr Gum books (Egmont).
Bookfest will take place in King’s Place, by King’s Cross station in London, on 25th June.
Mumsnet founder Justine Roberts said: “From sharing a picture book with a six-month-old, to rediscovering your own childhood favourites, books and reading are incredibly resonant parts of childhood and parenting. The roaring success of the Mumsnet Book Club proves how keen our users’ interest is, and we’re hugely excited about bringing them together with such an amazing range of authors.”
- O’Farrell, Kay and Kerr make IBW shortlists
- Maggie O’Farrell signs with Walker for first children’s book
- Maggie O’Farrell | 'It’s a story about a boy who has been consigned to a literary footnote. I wanted to give him a voice'
- Bath children’s festival announces line-up
- WBD announces teen fest line-up