Mulholland Books has acquired a chilling Christmas-themed murder mystery by author Susi Holliday.
The Deaths of December opens with an advent calendar being delivered to a police station – where it is roundly ignored until a curious young DC uncovers a crime scene behind almost every door. Is it a cruel prank? Or has a serial killer previously under the radar resurfaced to kill again?
Ruth Tross, publisher of crime and thriller at Hodder, bought world rights from Phil Patterson at Marjacq, calling it "the perfect mix of mistletoe and murder".
Holliday, who grew up in East Lothian, was shortlisted for the inaugural CWA Margery Allingham prize after writing three crime novels, a mix of police procedural and psychological thriller, set in the fictional Scottish town of Banktoun.
Mulholland will publish in print and digital in November 2017.
- Orenda signs Holliday’s 'disturbing' psychological mystery
- Kyle Books acquires low-cost cookbook from This Morning chef
- Bloomsbury snaps up 'original' murder mystery at auction
- Blink signs book from plus-size supermodel Tess Holliday
- Headline acquires mum's book on murder of daughter Becky Godden-Edwards