HarperCollins imprint Mills & Boon has launched Dare, a new series of “sexually graphic storytelling [with] strong, independent women and sizzling hot heroes”, with “highly explicit sexual encounters”. It is billed as the “sexiest” Mills & Boon series ever. Four titles will publish a month, in print and e-book, from January 2018.
Executive publisher Lisa Milton left said: “The stories will capture the imagination of readers by balancing graphic sex scenes with the relatable dilemmas and challenges faced by the characters. They’re the perfect quick, escapist romance fix for 21st-century women.”
Senior editor Kathleen Scheibling added: “The heroines are empowered, independent, fearless women who don’t need a man—but when they choose one, it’s on their terms.” Dare’s editorial team is acquiring manuscripts from its offices in London, New York and Toronto.
- Mills & Boon commissions 10 stories set in UK's most romantic places
- Mills & Boon scoops 'Love Island' winner Amber Rose Gill and launches competition
- Georgia Toffolo pens four-part Mills & Boon romance series
- Modern Girl's Guide spoof titles from Mills & Boon
- Rose promoted to Mills & Boon brand director