Kirsty McLachlan, most recently a literary agent with David Godwin Associates, is launching her own agency: Morgan Green Creatives.
McLachlan takes with her a full client list, representing writers across fiction, non-fiction and children’s books, as well as script writers and illustrators. Among the authors she represents are Suzanne O’Sullivan, Tracey Thorn, Julia Shaw, Miranda Sawyer and Nina Mingya Powles, children’s fiction writers Thomas Taylor, M G Leonard and Jennifer Killick, and scriptwriter Ambreen Razia.
Upcoming titles for the Frankfurt Book Fair include O’Sullivan’s Sleeping Beauties (Macmillan/Pantheon), Haley McGee’s The Ex-Boyfriend Yard Sale (Hodder/PRH Canada) and Dr Ben Alderson-Day’s Presence: A journey through the mirror of self and other (on submission), and middle-grade debut The Great Fox Hunt by Justyn Edwards (on submission).
The agency will be represented by PFD for US and translation rights. All Film/TV/media rights will be represented in-house.
- Walker pre-empts 'irresistible' middle-grade series in six-figure deal
- Killick moves to Farshore in two-book deal
- Walker acquires two further Eerie-on-Sea titles from Taylor
- Canongate lands Bright's 'fiercely brave' non-fiction debut
- Walker Books signs two-book deal with creative duo Andy Jones and Olaf Falafel