YA fantasy author Taran Matharu has signed a four-book, six-figure deal with his publisher, Hodder Children’s Books.
The deal is for a fourth book in the ‘Summoner’ series, due for publication in 2018, and a second series of three books, which will launch 2019.
The new series is as yet untitled but is described as “The 100 meets Alien meets Gladiator”. It is “fast-paced and adventurous, with the same addictive storytelling and rich world-building as the Summoner series”, according to Hodder, which is an imprint of Hachette Children’s Books (HCG).
Emma Goldhawk, senior editor at Hodder Children’s Books, acquired the UK and Commonwealth rights from Juliet Mushens at United Talent.
Hilary Murray Hill, c.e.o. at HCG, said: “We are very proud to be Taran Matharu's publisher and I’m thrilled that Hodder will remain his UK publishing home. He has enjoyed fantastic success with his debut series, Summoner, and his new trilogy promises to be just as action-packed and thrilling. We are looking forward to bringing these new stories to both new and existing fans.”
Mushens has also sold North American rights to Feiwel and Friends.
- Rizzle Kicks’ Jordan Stephens signs six-figure deal with Bloomsbury Children’s
- Kiran Millwood Hargrave signs six-figure deal with HCG
- Hodder Children’s acquires new Taran Matharu series
- Agent Copeland signs six-figure debut deal with Puffin
- Sarah Shun-lien Bynum signs six-figure two-book deal with FSG