Macmillan Children’s Books has acquired a novelty picture book from Matt Edmondson, presenter of the BBC Radio 1 Weekend Breakfast Show.
The Greatest Magician in the World is described by MCB as “an enchanting quest” to find said greatest magician in the world and will be published in autumn 2016 in a gift format.
The title is Edmondson’s debut book. He said: ““The idea for this book has been with me for a long time, and I am so excited about the prospect of finally getting it, and all the amazing tricks it contains,into the hands of children hoping to take their first steps into the exciting world of magic. I am delighted to be working with Macmillan Children’s Books, who couldn’t have impressed me more with their enthusiasm, ideas, and expertise in creating children’s books that deliver a real ‘wow’ factor.”
Hannah Ray, editorial manager for the MCB picture books list, acquired world rights, including e-book and audio, at auction in a two-book deal. Edmondson’s agent is Louise Lamont at LBA Books.
- New presenters for children's book radio show and podcast Down the Rabbit Hole
- S&S UK's Wersocki Morris signs two-book deal with HCG
- Macmillan bags new Ladybird series book from Donaldson and Monks
- Macmillan Children’s Books pounces for Rayner's Five Bears
- Children’s books podcasts turn up the volume to address lack of media coverage