Macmillan has acquired two books by sports psychologist Professor Damian Hughes.
Non-fiction publisher Robin Harvie acquired world rights to The Five Steps to a Winning Mindset and one other book from David Luxton at DLA.
Luxton is the author of How to Think Like Sir Alex Ferguson, which was published by Aurum Press.
In The Five Steps to a Winning Mindset, Hughes will draw on his lifetime’s experience as a sports psychologist to reveal the best ways to create a winning mindset in both personal and professional life. Hughes distils the five keys principles that separate the best coaches and teams from the rest: simplicity, tripwires, emotions, practical, and stories, which together become STEPS.
Macmillan said the book would be for “leaders in all fields of endeavour and in any context where individuals lead others in pursuit of meaning and success”.
The Five Steps to a Winning Mindset will be published in April 2016.
- Pan Mac starts sports list with two titles
- Pan Mac snaps up British Superbike star Shane 'Shakey' Byrne's memoir in three-publisher auction
- Pan Mac buys 'ultimate sporting true crime'
- Penguin Life acquire ‘timely and important’ book about mental health in sport
- Bookshops use Rio to entice 'armchair Olympians'