The London Review Bookshop has partnered with the MUBI streaming service for the broadcast of eight films, accompanied by fortnightly conversations with writers.
The conversations will be hosted by writer and curator Gareth Evans, and be held every two weeks from 16th September to 16th December. Confirmed writers include McKenzie Wark, Katie Mitchell, Katherine Rundell, Hisham Matar, Hari Kunzru, Maya Jasanoff and Xiaolu Guo.
Evans will also curate the film choice, which will feature "Almayer's Folly" directed by Chantal Akerman and "The Stranger" directed by Orson Welles, alongside six other films.
Tickets to watch the conversations are priced at £5, with all eight films available to watch for free with any ticket bought, as part of the MUBI and LRB partnership. Ticket-holders will be encouraged to watch the film before joining the livestreamed conversation, held on Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
The bookshop previously arranged screenings of "Here for Life", with an introduction by Evans, as part of its #StayatHome initiative, alongside a conversation with the film directors Andrea Luka Zimmerman and Adrian Jackson.
- Returns and p.o.d. need to be reconsidered, says Blackwell's operations director
- Hachette UK wins inclusivity prize at LBF International Excellence Awards
- Second print run for British bookshops travelogue
- National Book Tokens accepted on Bookshop.org
- Online retailer Bookshop.org makes shared pool payments monthly