Little Island Books is to publish Savage Her Reply by Deidre Sullivan (published), as part of its 10-year anniversary celebration.
The Irish press was founded in 2010 by the then serving Laureate na nÓg (Irish children’s laureate) Siobhán Parkinson. The company originally launched as an imprint of New Island Books, begore going solo on a shoestring budget.
To date, Little Island has won Book of the Year from Children’s Books Ireland twice, has two Irish Book Awards wins, the Scholastic Laugh Out Loud Award (Lollies), a regional winner of the inaugural Small Press of the Year Award at the Nibbies, and this year a Waterstones Children’s Book Prize shortlisting for The Deepest Breath by Meg Grehan.
Sullivan's latest novel marks the 100th book published by the press, and will be released in October.
- DHH Agency celebrates decade in business with expansion and major deals
- Publishers celebrate 'joys and challenges' of Pride Month with campaigns
- Swift Press soars with 100,000 sold in first nine months
- Anna Burns wins €100k International Dublin Literary Award
- Digital World Book Day garnered over 100k views