Little, Brown is publishing Scottish broadcaster Eddie Mair's first book, plus one other, following a five-way auction.
Mair, who presents BBC Radio 4's daily news show "PM", was recently voted the most popular voice of BBC Radio. He also chairs "Any Questions?" and before helped launch BBC Radio Five Live, fronting "Midday with Mair".
Richard Beswick acquired UK and Commonwealth rights from Robert Caskie at CaskieMushens, in association with Anita Land Ltd.
The first book in the deal is A Good Face for Radio: Confessions of a Radiohead which will be published this autumn.
Beswick commented: "It is extremely funny and subversive - imagine an episode of "W1A" written by David Sedaris."
- C&W snaps up 'ground-breaking' Iris Murdoch tale in five-way auction
- Seven Lies TV deal snapped up in five-way auction
- John Murray snaps up debut Memphis in five-way auction
- Picador triumphs in five-way auction for 'remarkable' novels by Kawakami
- Hay House UK wins Bernstein's self-help book after five-way auction