Little, Brown is publishing Scottish broadcaster Eddie Mair's first book, plus one other, following a five-way auction.
Mair, who presents BBC Radio 4's daily news show "PM", was recently voted the most popular voice of BBC Radio. He also chairs "Any Questions?" and before helped launch BBC Radio Five Live, fronting "Midday with Mair".
Richard Beswick acquired UK and Commonwealth rights from Robert Caskie at CaskieMushens, in association with Anita Land Ltd.
The first book in the deal is A Good Face for Radio: Confessions of a Radiohead which will be published this autumn.
Beswick commented: "It is extremely funny and subversive - imagine an episode of "W1A" written by David Sedaris."
- Hay House UK wins Bernstein's self-help book after five-way auction
- Bluebird wins behavioural change expert Izadi after five-way auction
- Doyle's middle-grade debut to Bloomsbury after five-way auction
- The Whisper Man goes to MJ after five-way auction
- Granta wins history of deified men after five-way auction