The Lindsay Literary Agency is sponsoring a diversity scholarship for a third year, with the successful applicant getting a place at the virtual Writers' Weekend.
First launched in 2018, this year the place is open exclusively to a children’s fiction writer of colour – either in picture books, middle grade or YA.
The Writers' Weekend runs online from 9th to 12th July, and sees Eoin Colfer giving the Saturday keynote speech, with other speakers including Patrice Lawrence and Chitra Soundar, alongside other authors and industry experts.
Lindsay Literary's funding covers the cost of an attendee ticket with access to all workshops and talks together with a one-to-one tutorial with founder of the Lindsay Literary Agency, Becky Bagnell, plus video recordings of key sessions during the weekend that can be viewed for up to a month.
The closing date for entries is 3rd July 2020. For more details, visit the agency website.
- Lindsay Literary Agency scholarship for 'under-represented' author returns
- Lindsay Literary Agency offers scholarship for undrerrepresented author
- Lindsay Literary Agency launches scholarship for under-represented children's writers
- De Waal to fund diversity scholarship
- Third year for Yodel at World Book Night