Michael O’Mara Books is to publish the memoir of the m.d. of British retailer Liberty.
Publishing director Hugh Barker acquired At Liberty: From Rehab to the Front Row by Ed Burstell from Adam Gauntlett at PFD.
The book will be published on 1st October, with a large in-store book launch and signing at Liberty of London.
Michael O’Mara said Burstell’s story was “an affecting, candid and wildly funny tale of one man’s meteoric rise to the top of the retail and fashion world – from heroin addict to m.d. of Liberty, one of Britain’s most iconic institutions”.
Barker said: “I’m a huge fan of Ed Burstell, particularly after the success of the “Liberty of London” series on Channel 4. At Liberty promises to be a window for any reader onto a seemingly glamorous world, a world that Ed writes about with a spark, a fantastic sense of pathos, and wry, self-deprecating humour. Ed really is a larger-than-life character, on and off the page'
Burstell said: “I'm so thrilled to be announcing my autobiography. It's been quite a ride and I can't wait to share the highs, lows and all the wild exploits in between that led me to where I am today.”
At Liberty: From Rehab to the Front Row will be published in £20 hardback.
- Royal Institution's 'most captivating' Christmas Lectures acquired
- Michael O'Mara waltzes off with Craig Revel Horwood debut novel
- Michael O'Mara wins joint memoir from Olympians Trott and Kenny
- Michael O’Mara Books signs ‘Whispering’ Bob Harris
- Michael O'Mara launches 'artist-led' picture books list