Kyle Books has won Bento Power by Shiso Delicious founder Sara Kiyo Popowa after a five-publisher auction.
Judith Hannam, editorial director at Kyle, acquired world rights all languages from Jonathan Conway at Jonathan Conway Literary Agency Ltd. It will be published on 27th September 2018, priced £18.99.
In the book, Kiyo Popowa will bring a "vibrant, fun and inspirational" approach to lunch boxes. She will use a basic range of Japanese ingredients, easily sourced at a supermarket, and concentrate on having 5 clear elements: complex carbs, protein, green leaves, fruit/veg and seed sprinkles, as well as the 5 colours used in authentic Japanese cooking of red, white, black, yellow and green.
Hannam said: "We’re delighted to be publishing Sara Kiyo Popowa, a talented recipe writer and photographer whose Instagram feed @shisodelicious has pioneered the escalating trend for homemade bento, and whose many followers have been asking for her to write a book. The recipes, inspired by the Japanese bento boxes of her youth, and her longstanding interest in eating well and plant-based foods, are nutritious, beautifully balanced and packed full of flavour."
- Fourth Estate scoops footprints book in five-publisher auction
- Octopus scoops forensic psychologist’s memoir after five-publisher auction
- Sceptre acquires lecturer's book on 'future-proofing for thinkers'
- Little, Brown signs 'revelatory' First World War book
- Penguin Press wins auction for Ryan Avent