The manager of actor Kenneth More's estate is to publish the actor's first biography in almost 40 years.
Nick Pourgourides, who described More as his "childhood hero", will release More, Please! with the endorsement of the More family and estate.
Described as "the ultimate tribute to one of Britain’s best-loved actors", More, Please! is an account of Pourgourides’ personal journey to restore the public profile of the actor.
The biography also charts the career of More, from early life to fame in the 1950s, and includes exclusive extracts from his final autobiography, More Or Less. The book is illustrated with previously unseen images from the family archive, and features interviews with Wendy Craig, Vivyan Ellacott, Susan Hampshire, Ronald Pickup, Michael Porter, Alvin Rakoff, Christopher Timothy, Michael Whitehall and Angela, Jane and Sarah More.
Pourgourides has written for national magazines and appeared on British television and radio. He has had a career in entertainment publicity and looks after the interests of the More's estate through KennethMore.com.
He will self-publish through Kindle Direct Publishing, and the paperback edition will be available from 10th December. A Kindle version will follow next year.
- Muswell Press snaps up actor's 'outstanding' debut
- Harvill Secker wins actor's parenthood thriller, Conception, at auction
- Templar launches classic list with 'sumptuous' Wind in the Willows hardback
- Dodo Ink publisher's 'powerful memoir' to 4th Estate
- Fourth Estate to publish Doerr's 'astonishing' new novel