Macmillan c.e.o. John Sargent will be taking part in this year’s ‘CEO Talk’ at Frankfurt Book Fair.
Sargent will be interviewed by editors of various book trade magazines about changing consumer habits and international media competition around storytelling. The event will be opened by Katja Böhne, Frankfurter Buchmesse’s vice president of marketing and communications, and chaired by literary journalist Rüdiger Wischenbart.
As well as being c.e.o. of Macmillan, Sargent is also executive vice president of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group. He is responsible for the Macmillan’s higher education business as well as for managing the global trade business.
He previously ran the US operations of Holtzbrinck, including all the US trade companies, the Macmillan Higher Education group, St. Martin’s Scholarly and Reference, Hanley & Belfus Medical Publishers and Scientific American. He started at Holtzbrinck as c.e.o. of St. Martin’s Press.
This year’s Frankfurt 'CEO Talk' will take place on Wednesday 10th October at 2pm.
- Publishers must defend democracy, Sargent tells FBF
- Carolyn Reidy to headline at Frankfurt CEO Talk
- Publishers must encourage conversation and not silence voices, Sargent urges
- Macmillan US sets up inclusive management team as Sargent steps back
- Sargent to leave Macmillan US after 'disagreements on direction' of firm