Jeffrey Archer is working on a new novel and a collection of short stories following the end of the Clifton Chronicle series.
The author held a party at his London flat on Tuesday (12th April) during London Book Fair, where he revealed the news.
The new novel with Pan Macmillan will be called Heads You Win. Set in the 1960s, it follows the life of a boy, Alexander, born in the Ukraine, whose family must escape to safety and decide whether to go to the UK or to the US on the toss of a coin. The novel will track his life as it unfolds both in the UK and in the US, alternating between chapters, showing how his life would have been in both countries.
Archer will also be releasing a new volume of short stories with Pan Macmillan, set for a 2017 release.
The last book in the Clifton Chronicle series -This Was a Man - will be released in hardback this November.
- Golden Pans awarded to Wicks, Donaldson and Archer
- New Archer launches with treasure hunt and National Gallery partnership
- Jeffrey Archer leaves Pan Mac for HarperCollins in three-book deal
- Macmillan lands Jeffrey Archer series in four-book deal
- HarperCollins expands Archer publishing with new territories