Jacaranda Books is to donate the proceeds from its recent publication of Stephen Bourne's War to Windrush to the Windrush Justice Fund, which is raising money for legal aid for those affected by the recent immigration scandal.
The book, which was released on 22nd June 2018, celebrates the contributions of black women in Britain from the Second World War through to the arrival of the Windrush generation and the birth of the NHS in 1948.
Also, from 12th June 2018, Jacaranda has been donating £2 from every book purchased from its online store to the fund.
Both the Jacaranda team and author Bourne expressed their support for the “essential work” being done by Patrick Vernon OBE and the team behind the Windrush Justice Fund, which aims to support those people from the Windrush generation who have been affected by the recent immigration scandal, with many threatened with deportation.
More information about the Windrush Justice Fund is available from the movement's fundraising page.
- Hachette UK donates 12,000 books to support communities during lockdown
- 'Unexpected' donations boost Jacaranda by £25k
- Publishers donate to Ness' fundraising campaign
- Feminist Library hits fundraising target thanks to Tyce donation
- Eddo-Lodge chosen as Waterstones Book of the Month, with charity donation