Influx Press has acquired Lairies by Steve Hollyman in a two-book deal.
Acquiring editor Gary Budden secured world rights including audio to two books from Ivan Mulcahy at MMB Creative, with the first title to be published in February 2021.
Lairies will map the lives of violent young men at the start of the 21st century, living aimlessly but desperately hunting for purpose.
Budden said: "I’m thrilled to be publishing Lairies. I had an immediate and visceral reaction to the book, and knew immediately it was the kind of hard-hitting and boundary-pushing literature we want to publish at Influx Press."
Hollyman commented: "I'm incredibly proud to be part of Influx's 2021 list, and it was clear from the outset that they shared my vision for the novel. I'm especially grateful to my editor Gary Budden for his unwavering support throughout the whole process, and also to my agent Ivan Mulcahy from MMB Creative, for his tenacity and patience."
Hollyman's debut Keeping Britain Tidy was published by Transmission Print in 2010.
- John Murray to publish new novel from McInerney
- Princeton UP to publish 'major re-interpretation' of James Joyce
- Transworld bags book from online relationship expert Lalalaletmeexplain
- Succession star Brian Cox's memoir pre-empted by Quercus
- Head of Zeus buys two 'boundary-pushing' thrillers from Monroe