Independent children’s publisher b small has commissioned a new series of activity books for children aged six to nine years that centre on mental health.
The ‘Level Headers’ series will kick off in August with two titles, Stretch Your Confidence and Find Your Power, by co-authors Beth Cox, a freelance editor and inclusivity consultant, and Natalie Costa, a confidence coach and former primary school teacher. They will be illustrated by b small publishing’s in-house art director Vicky Barker.
Publisher Sam Hutchinson said he commissioned the series to “respond to the growing interest from adults in discussing emotions with the children in their care”.
He added: "Since we publish for a young age range, it was important for us to work with experts in the field. Beth, Natalie and Vicky are the dream team for this project and the books are going to be really valuable resources for adults and children who are keen to lean into their emotions and learn how to manage them."
Hutchinson was one of The Bookseller's Rising Stars in 2018 and was named the Independent Publishers Guild Young Publisher of the Year.
b small is represented by Bounce Sales & Marketing.
- Wild Things wins inaugural British Book Awards Small Press accolade
- Indie joins forces with human rights activist for mental health series
- New mental health publisher Trigger Press launches
- Michael O’Mara Books to publish men's mental health book with Mind
- Andersen signs foreign rights deals for Sally Nicholls picture book