HQ has signed the new psychological thriller from Diane Jeffrey, The Silent Friend.
Abigail Fenton, editorial director, negotiated world English language rights from Sam Copeland at RCW.
The novel tells the story of two women drawn together by a tragic event but who are each keeping explosive secrets that will threaten their new and fragile friendship. It will publish in November in e-book and March 2021 in paperback.
Jeffrey said: “I’m so excited about publishing my fourth psychological thriller with the HQ family and it has been an absolute joy working on my first novel with Abi. I can’t wait for readers to meet Laura and Sandrine.”
Fenton added: “Diane has been a key part of HQ for several years, and I am so excited to be working with her on this new novel. The Guilty Mother took the e-book charts by storm last year, and this new book is every bit as exceptional. I can’t wait to share it with readers.”
- Debut thriller sells in 25 territories
- RCW nets 'record' number of deals for debut thriller with 37 global deals
- Moonage nets screen rights for Holly Jackson's debut thriller
- Michaelides' second thriller optioned by Stone Village Television
- HarperCollins signs seven book deal starring child detective