A biography of Hillary Clinton's time as US secretary of state will be released on 5th March by Henry Holt imprint Times Books, with Melia Publishing distributing the title in the UK.
The Secretary: A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power is written by BBC correspondent Kim Ghattas, who had access to Clinton and her entourage over the four years from November 2008, when Clinton agreed to be President Obama's secretary of state, to her last day in the post on the 1st of this month.
The book will consider Clinton's achievements in office and her working relationship with President Obama. Ghattas will also discuss how Clinton will work to preserve her legacy at the State Department, and whether the former First Lady will run to be president in 2016.
The Secretary will also take in the author's journey, as a half-Dutch, half-Lebanese American citizen, as she asks questions about how powerful America really is, and if it is in decline, who or what will replace it.
The book will be a £10.99 trade paperback original.
- Hillary Clinton's 'most personal memoir yet' from S&S
- Hillary Clinton's Goldman Sachs speeches to be published by OR Books
- Sittenfeld to write novel imagining Hillary Clinton's life without Bill
- Hillary Clinton to release children's book and essay collection with S&S
- Clinton's What Happened dives straight into the US top spot