Margaret Hewinson has been appointed as a non-executive director of Edinburgh University Press from 1st September 2015.
She succeeds Jill Jones who has stood down after two years. Hewinson joins Richard Fisher and Ivon Asquith, who has been re-appointed as chairman for a further four year-term.
Hewinson is a consultant, mentor and development coach for the publishing industry. She has had a long career in academic publishing which included Oxford University Press and Palgrave Macmillan.
At the latter she was sales and marketing director of all divisions, publishing director for the higher education division, and most recently managing director of Palgrave Macmillan Higher Education until the company's relocation in 2014.
- Bloomsbury appoints Baroness Lola Young as non-executive director
- Canongate's Gibb made non-executive director at BookSource
- OUP appoints Lisa Attenborough as group communications director
- University Presses bullish about acceleration of transition to digital
- New events confirmed for Academic Book Week