Scholastic has sold Liz Pichon’s new novel, Shoe Wars, into 12 territories and has notched up a 45th translation deal for her Tom Gates series.
Scholastic UK originally acquired world rights to Shoe Wars from Caroline Walsh at David Higham.
The book, to be published in the UK in autumn 2020, is a Middle Grade “immersive new world, where not everything is what it seems”, and has “fantastic new characters, super-powered shoes and a fearsome villain”.
At the fair, Scholastic also concluded a Mongolian deal for Pichon’s Tom Gates titles—it is the 45th language the series has been sold into to date.
- Children’s books podcasts turn up the volume to address lack of media coverage
- Scholastic UK signs more Tom Gates
- Liz Pichon | 'A lot of the things I put in the books actually happened to me as a kid'
- Liz Pichon launches podcast to celebrate 10 years of Tom Gates
- Pichon opens the Gates to standalone fiction in seven-figure deal