Headline has acquired a humour title by comedy writer Dale Shaw.
Editor Richard Roper pre-empted world rights to F**k This Journal (Betterness Through Bitterness) by Dale Shaw from Jamie Coleman at Greene & Heaton.
Headline is describing the book as a “hilarious and subversive take on the creative journal phenomenon”.
Roper said: “I am absolutely thrilled to have acquired Dale’s book. Every page of the proposal made me laugh out loud, and I can’t wait to publish something so brilliantly realised and wickedly funny this autumn.”
Shaw said: “Some people felt that a novelisation covering the interactions between the characters played by Joe Pasquale and Brian Blessed in the National Accident Helpline commercials was a terrible idea. And so it proved. I am thankful I was able to cobble together this alternative in the toilets during the pitch meeting.”
F**k This Journal (Betterness Through Bitterness) will be released in September this year.
- 'Incredible' scramble to sign Headline editor’s 'uplit' debut ends in six-figure deal
- Headline to publish three books from Miles Jupp
- Headline pre-empts inspirational book from ex-Special Forces soldier Stott
- Comedian James Acaster's 'Classic Scrapes' to Headline
- Headline scores memoir of footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa