Headline has acquired world rights in a first book by Spanish football icon Andrés Iniesta.
The deal was struck by non-fiction publishing director Jonathan Taylor with literary agent David Luxton of David Luxton Associates.
Iniesta is a Spanish professional footabller for Barcelona FC who scored the winning goal for his country in the 2010 World Cup final. He has won seven La Liga and four Champions League titles in with the renowned club from Catalonia. He has been awarded 107 caps for Spain, was an "integral" part of the Spanish team that won the European Championships in 2008, and also in 2012 when he was named "Player of the Tournament".
Taylor said: "Andrés Iniesta has been one of the most talented footballers in the world for more than a decade. Behind his wonderfully graceful passing and movement, and the accolades and trophies he has garnered, there is an intelligent and thoughtful man who - until now - has let his beautifully skilful feet do the talking. This book will be devoured by football aficionados around the world."
Headline will publish The Artist: Being Iniesta on 25th August.
- Headline scores memoir of former England footballer Kieron Dyer
- Milner answers football fans' questions in Quercus acquisition
- Headline scores with 'wise' book from broadcaster Clive Tyldesley
- Tragic tale of football youth prodigy to Quercus
- Transworld pre-empts former footballer Brazil's new memoir