Hachette Children’s Group has acquired a three-book teen series from founder of #UKYAChat, blogger and YouTuber Lucy Powrie in a pre-emptive deal.
Editor Polly Lyall Grant secured world rights to a three-book series, The Paper & Hearts Society, via Lauren Gardner at Bell Lomax Moreton. The series is about finding friendships at a teen book club and each title will be told from a different character’s perspective.
The first book will be published in paperback on the Hodder Children’s Books imprint in June 2019.
Powrie said: “I’m over the moon that Hachette Children’s Group will be publishing my debut novel. I’ve been part of the UKYA community for six years now, but only in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine myself as a UKYA author. I can’t wait until readers can meet my book-loving characters next year and hopefully fall in love with them just as much as I do.”
Eighteen-year-old Powrie founded her book blog, Queen of Contemporary, when she was 12 and has since achieved more than one million page views. She also runs a YouTube channel, where she has over 21,000 subscribers.
- HCG strikes three-book deal for 'heartwarming' series with Maz Evans
- HCG signs Little Rebels Award winner Zanib Mian in three-book deal
- S&S Children's strikes three-book deal with Katie and Kevin Tsang
- HarperCollins signs three-book deal with Morpurgo
- Ross Welford signs new three-book deal with HarperCollins