Hachette Children’s Group has revealed it is publishing "Paddington" scriptwriter Simon Farnaby's first children's book, The Wizard in my Shed, kicking off a series.
Ruth Alltimes, senior publisher at Hachette Children’s Group, acquired world rights in two middle grade titles from Paul Stevens at the Independent Talent Agency.
The Wizard in my Shed will combine "laugh-out-loud action adventure, with a fun-filled magical, historical twist". It is being illustrated throughout by Claire Powell (represented by Clare Wallace) and will be published in hardback on 1st October 2020. The paperback will follow in 2021, with the second in the series coming in 2022.
Farnaby is a comedy scriptwriter and actor who wrote for and acted in "Paddington" and "Paddington 2" as well as the "Horrible Histories" TV series. He has also been involved in adult comedy shows such as "Mighty Boosh" and "Detectorists", and he is currently writing and starring in BBC One comedy series "Ghosts".
Hachette Children’s Group said it will be supporting his new children's series with "a suitably bewitching" marketing and PR campaign.
- Egmont snaps up middle-grade series from comedian Nat Luurtsema
- Librarian lands deal for 'sparkling' middle grade series
- S&S UK bags 'super commercial' middle-grade series in six-figure pre-empt
- Little Tiger acquires 'darkly comic' middle-grade series
- S&S Children scoops Alex English's first middle-grade series