HarperCollins Children’s Books has acquired debut novels by Ross Welford and Justin Fisher.
Welford’s Time Travelling with a Hamster is about a boy called Al who receives a letter from his dead dad that leads him to a time machine.
Publishing director Nick Lake, who acquired world rights in a two book-deal from Silvia Molteni at PFD, said the book is “is an incredible debut which is sure to prove a big hit with children worldwide”.
The publisher has also bought Circus of Marvels by Justin Fisher, a designer of film title sequences.
The book features characters such as Good Witch, a Giant, a talking King Kong and an Elf-inventor and was acquired by publishing director Ruth Alltimes.
Alltimes, who bought the world rights in a three-book deal from Paul Moreton of The Bell Lomax Moreton Agency, said: “From the very first time I read Circus of Marvels I was blown away by Justin’s imagination and inventiveness; this is everything a children’s book should be and we can’t wait to bring it to adventure-hungry readers everywhere.”
Publication date for both books is set for spring 2016.
- Ross Welford signs new three-book deal with HarperCollins
- HarperCollins Children's Books takes two from Skinner
- HCCB signs children's series from Slay in Your Lane authors Adegoke and Uviebinené
- HC Children’s acquires Derek Landy trilogy
- HarperCollins Children’s Books scoops 'exquisite' Jeffers picture book