Hay House UK has won the rights to publish Gabrielle Bernstein’s new book The Judgement Detox after a “heated” five-way auction.
The book follows on from Bernstein’s New York Times bestseller The Universe Has Your Back, also published by Hay House UK, and aims to help readers “release the beliefs that hold them back from living a better life”.
Publisher Michelle Pilley acquired the British Commonwealth rights from Lorella Belli at the Lorella Belli Literary Agency in association with Melissa White at Folio Literary Management, on behalf of Scott Hoffman and Steve Troha, in what Belli described a “closely-fought 5-way auction”.
The book will be published simultaneously by Simon & Schuster US in the winter of 2018.
Pilley said Bernstein has had a “tremendous” impact on a generation of people seeking a spiritual solution to the challenges of our frenetic contemporary lifestyle. “We are really proud to have her on our list,” she said.
Bernstein said the book will be a step-by- step process offering a path to "true healing, oneness, and a deeper connection to the universe and those around us.”
Belli hailed the auction for the book as “wonderful” and said publishers were genuinely excited about the prospect of publishing Bernstein.
“Hay House UK has done a great job with her previous titles and the level of their offer and their ambitious publishing plans were just too good to resist,” she added.
- Cape wins 'heated' five-way auction for biologist Raihani’s debut
- Harvill Secker wins 'remarkable' debut after 'intense' five-way auction
- Cornerstone wins five-way auction for Nike marketer's guide to creativity
- HarperFiction wins five-way auction for Willingham's Deep South thriller
- Bluebird wins behavioural change expert Izadi after five-way auction