Paula Hawkins’ The Girl on the Train (Transworld) is Amazon.co.uk’s biggest selling e-book of 2015 so far, the retailer has revealed.
The list of top 20 e-books of the year is dominated by female authors, with E L James’ Fifty Shades of Grey companion novel, Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as told by Christian (Cornerstone) in second place.
Head of Zeus has two books in the top 20, with Nadine Dorries’ Hide Her Name (Head of Zeus) in ninth and The Throwaway Children by Diney Costeloe (Head of Zeus) in 13th.
Angela Marsons’ Silent Scream (Bookouture) takes third place, with the author also taking 20th place with her book Evil Games (Bookouture).
Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey (Penguin) is fourth and Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl (Weidenfeld & Nicolson) is in fifth place.
Sixth is The Lie by C L Taylor (Avon), with Jessie Burton’s The Miniaturist (Picador) taking seventh place, and Fiona Harper’s The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams (Mills & Boon) in eighth.
The first male writer is Lee Child at number 10, with Personal (Transworld).
Other authors in the top 20 include David Nicholls, Karen Rose and Clare Mackintosh.
The list has been released as part of Amazon’s first ever consumer report, which looks at how Amazon.co.uk customers have shopped so far this year.
Earlier this month Amazon released its five-year Kindle sales data to mark five years since it opened the Amazon UK Kindle store, with E L James topping that chart.
EL James’ original Fifty Shades of Grey (Arrow) title was the best-selling e-book on the Amazon.co.uk platform (released April 2012) with her follow-up in the trilogy, Fifty Shades Darker, ranking second and the third instalment Fifty Shades Freed coming in fourth.
The 20 bestselling e-books on Amazon.co.uk so far in 2015
1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (Transworld)
2. Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as told by Christian by E L James (Cornerstone)
3. Silent Scream by Angela Marsons (Bookouture)
4. Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey (Penguin)
5. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
6. The Lie by C.L. Taylor (Avon)
7. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton (Picador)
8. The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams by Fiona Harper (Mills & Boon)
9. Hide Her Name by Nadine Dorries (Head of Zeus)
10. Personal by Lee Child (Transworld)
11. Stranger Child by Rachel Abbott (Black Dot Publishing)
12. Us by David Nicholls (Hodder & Stoughton)
13. The Throwaway Children by Diney Costeloe (Head of Zeus)
14. The Year of Taking Chances by Lucy Diamond (Pan)
15. The Ballroom Café by Ann O'Loughlin (Black & White Publishing)
16. The Good Girl by Fiona Neill (Penguin)
17. Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose (Headline)
18. The Letter by Kathryn Hughes (Review)
19. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh (Sphere)
20. Evil Games by Angela Marsons (Bookouture)